Ticonderoga High Auditorium Restoration
On the National Historic Register, the 600 seat Ticonderoga High School Auditorium, was restored back to its look and feel from the original construction in 1929. A feasibility study guided the rehabilitation and restoration of period lighting, architectural windows, established historically accurate paint colors and flooring as well as plans to install air conditioning.
Due to their historical significance the seats were not replaced though tailored with cushions for comfort. Many seats feature the original wire hat holders underneath, which was common in 1929 as hats were a universal fashion accessory.
Known for great acoustics to go along with its decorative brass, the original chandeliers were repaired and refurbished along with restored plaster and detailed wood finishes and molding. Original scrollwork was magnificently recreated by hand. Used by the community as well as the school, the auditorium is a truly a grand venue for performances.